New obsession: coconut manna a.ka. coconut butter. It is pureed dried coconut flesh, but the flavour and texture make it a perfect treat. These peppermint patties are fresh, delicious and full of healthy fat. They are a crowd pleaser and will make you look like a clever little chocolatier.
Super Simple Peppermint Patties
Prep Time: 30 mins
These peppermint patties are fresh and delicious and full of all of the healthy fat that we love coconut for. They are a crowd pleaser and will make you look like a clever little chocolatier.
Cuisine: DF, GF, V, vegetarian
- 1 jar Nutiva Coconut Manna other brands of coconut butter also work
- 2 tsp Organic Traditions Peppermint oil or 5 drops food-grade peppermint essential oil
- 1 bar dark vegan baking chocolate
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 30 leaves fresh mint
- Melt the jar of coconut manna in a sink of hot water for about half an hour. Stir and blend until it is velvety and smooth. (Important: let the manna cool off until it is thick enough to hold its form)
- Stir in the peppermint oil/extract.
- Place the manna into your piping bag or plastic bag and make toonie-sized medallions on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, until they harden
- Melt chocolate on a double-boiler and allow it to cool off for a few minutes so that it does not melt the coconut butter
- Using your tongs (or your clean hands) dip medallions into chocolate, place back on baking sheet and top with a cute little leaves of mint and return to fridge for 30 minutes
You will need: unbleached parchment paper, ziplock bag/piping bag, small tongs and 1 cookie sheet