Easy Gluten-Free Lasagna
This is as simple as lasagna gets. If you suffer from gluten or wheat intolerances or allergies, but miss having pasta in your life, this is the perfect recipe for you. You can also make it dairy-free and even completely plant-based with a few simple changes!
A gluten-free lasagna that can also be made dairy-free and plant-based.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey. Vegan option: two cans of cooked lentils, rinsed
- 1 package brown rice lasagna noodles
- 1 jar basil tomato sauce. sing a jar sauce cuts out having to use tomato paste, seasonings, etc.
- 1 cups goat feta or use a dairy-free/vegan alternative
- 1 cup shredded goat cheese, or daiya cheese
- 1-2 cups nutritional yeast for topping
Preheat oven to 350F
Cook noodles as per package instructions and drain. Brown rice noodles can be sticky so rinse in cool water and lay separately until ready.
Add beef or turkey to a frying pan with 1 tbsp of avocado oil on high heat until well cooked. Substitute for lentils if vegan.
Add 2/3 of the tomato sauce to beef or lentils
Line a baking dish with a bit of oil or ghee of choice
Lay down one layer of noodles
Add half of the beef or lentil mixture
Add half of the feta and half of the shredded cheese
Repeat steps 6-8
Add the last 1/3 of the sauce to the top
Add the baking dish to the oven for 20 minutes
Top with nutritional yeast and enjoy!