DIY Honey Mint Lip Scrub
Get soft, flake-free lips this winter!
This easy to make (and delicious!) lip scrub will get rid of flaky skin and allow your lip balm to penetrate MUCH better. Your lipstick will sit perfectly and wear longer too. It also makes a lovely gift, if you’re already thinking of the holidays!
Use this whenever your lips need a little TLC! Once you’ve exfoliated, don’t forget to slather on your favourite balm to keep lips hydrated and protected!
Honey Mint Lip Scrub
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops of sweet orange essential oil (optional)
Mix all ingredients together (you can add a little more honey or oil if you feel the mixture is too dry). Store lip scrub in a small jar for up to 6 months.
- Apply sugar scrub directly onto dry lips.
- Spend some time massaging the lip scrub on to get rid of all the flaky skin
- Wash the lip scrub off with warm water and a wash cloth (. . . or you can lick it off!)
- Follow up with a nourishing lip balm or gorgeous non-toxic lip colour — perfect for the holiday season!